Remember when you had to find a phone book and flip through hundreds of pages in order to find a local business?
To get you started, here’s a quick guide to the top 20 online directories and links to their sign-up pages:
Google Places for Business
Listing your business on Google Places for Business should be at the top of your priority list. Google outperforms every other search engine by a long shot. In fact, Google receives nearly 6 billion searches per day.
- Registering for a business listing on Google is easy and free
- Business listings appear in Google Maps
- Happy customers can leave reviews on your Google+ page
Create your Google Places for Business listing.
Bing is the second most visited search engine on the Internet. If people aren’t searching on Google, chances are, they’re searching for your business on Bing.
- Quick, easy, and free to register
- Add multiple business locations at one time
- Include other content in your business listing like photos, videos, and more
Create your Bing Places for Business listing.
Yahoo is the Internet’s 3rd most popular search engine, bringing in millions of searches per day.