1. Keep Adding Something New
Every time you add something new to your business you create an opportunity to get more sales. For example, something as simple as adding new information on your web site creates another
2. Become a Valuable Resource Look for ways you can be a resource for your prospects and customers. Supply them with free information. Help them do things faster, easier, less expensively. You get another opportunity to sell something every time they come back to you for help.
3. Separate Yourself from Your Competition
Find or create a reason for customers to do business with you instead of with someone else offering the same or similar products. For example, do you provide faster results, easier procedures, personal attention or a better guarantee?
Determine the unique advantage you offer to customers that your competitors do not offer. Promote that advantage in all of your advertising. Give your prospects a reason to do business with you instead of with your competition and you'll automatically get more sales.
4. Promote the End Result Your customers don't really want your product or service. They want the benefit produced by using it.
For example, car buyers want convenient transportation with a certain image. Dental patients want healthy and good-looking teeth without suffering any pain. Business opportunity seekers want personal and financial freedom for themselves and their family.
Make sure your web pages, sales letters and other sales messages are promoting the end result your customers want.
5. Anticipate Change Change is the biggest challenge to your business success. The days are gone when a business could constantly grow by simply repeating what it did successfully in the past ...or even recently. Aggressive, innovative competitors and rapidly changing technology make it impossible.Expect change and prepare for it. Don't wait until your income declines to take action. Develop the habit of looking for early signs that something is changing. Then confront it before you start to lose business.
Tip: Insulate yourself against the impact of change by increasing the number of products and services you offer and by using a variety of different marketing methods. Only a small portion of your total business will be affected if the sales of one product decline or the response to one marketing method drops.
How many of these 5 proven marketing techniques have you overlooked or ignored? Start using them today and you'll see an immediate increase in your sales.